“Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life”

Tuesday, November 22, 2016



How I got well and healthy – ‘The List!’

Here is the list I wished for the entire time I was sick and promised to post once I got well. Although I know nutrition is the primary cure, getting off the prescription meds was a big part of it.  I have a huge hate-on for big pharma and western medicine but that's another blog.

It’s not an easy change, food is very emotional for most people plus a lot of the chemicals put into our food are habit forming.  We physically and mentally crave more and that’s some fucked up shit. 

Do some research, look past network news, major corporation propaganda and social media, just remember you can’t un-know what you learn.   

Diet:
Gluten free * (Don’t get sucked into all the GF, but nutritionally void shit) 
Dairy free 
Caffeine free
Sugar free   *(This one blows your minds huh?  I did this after I was well.  I was feeling so great but sugar made me hung-over so I quit it in August.)  
Organic fruit & veggies only
Grass fed organic animal protein only
Organic Beans, legumes, nuts
Lots and Lots of bone broth soup – (super food for your immune system, gut and skin)
Fluoride free bottled water *(It’s a fucking neurotoxin!   Research it, you’ll be mortified!)

What the hell is there left to eat?  Please believe me when I say now I'm completely satisfied food-wise.  When I taste some food I think I've been craving.... it sucks and on every level.  

Processed Foods:
There are some decent processed food products out there but quite frankly I’m too lazy to read every freaking tiny-ass label and look up any weird ingredient I don’t recognize.  For me it’s easier to just eat real, whole foods most of the time.  And just to keep it real here is the list of the processed foods I do eat:

The Hummus Guy Organic Hummus (Jalapeño/Cilantro is my fav)
Organic Tortilla chips – lots of good brands though this is the Safeway brand I think.
Mission GF tortillas – (Nutritionally void but so damn yummy for quesadillas)
Some brand I can’t remember Cashew dairy-free cheese slices - (Nutritionally void but quesadillas again)
Barilla GF Pasta *(yeah, like I’d make my own pasta!)
Canyon GF Hamburger buns* (Nutritionally void but it tastes like a real diner burger!)

Supplements:
D3 10,000 with K3
Selenium 200 msg
Magnesium 400 msg
**Initially I was taking a multi vitamin and 1000 mgs of C but don't need them anymore.  

Misc other weird shit I've changed:  *(Get sick and desperate you grasp at anything!)
No plastic food containers or Teflon pans
Plant based personal products (without the fucking disgusting animal renderings or scary chemicals); tooth paste, soap, shampoo, tampons, make-up, lotion etc  Our skin is our largest organ and absorbs everything!  I still have my hair colored every four weeks though… so go figure? 

Hope this helps.  I’m happy to share all of this… it may just take a while.

Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment