“Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life”

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Once upon a time...

My name is Stacy Amberson and I've created this blog for a multitude of reasons.  I enjoy writing but find I'm more dedicated and grammatically conscience if there's the chance that someone may read it.  Also I always seem to have so many thoughts and opinions just dying to be shared, and of course, it's so much cheaper than a therapist.
I've had a life; more difficult than some, easier than others but always interesting.  The major sustaining factor in my life and to my continued sanity is the ability to find and cling like a barnacle (or some other really clingy thing) to humor, even in the most horrible situations.... and there have been a few, but more on that later.
I've found that laughter has and always will be my antidote to going seriously crazy - I mean the 'bad' kind of crazy.  Mirth repels madness, giggles get rid of gloom, hilarity hurdles hopelessness, amusement over anguish... You get my point right? And the fact that I get a kick out of alliteration.
Not to say that  I'm not crazy, (it's all about degrees) but that I'm able to 'pass'.  I function as a productive, contributing member of society.  I'm never a danger to myself or others.  I work, pay taxes, donate to charities and vote.  I'm kind to everyone and always polite, it's my default reaction especially when faced with rude or hurtful behavior.
I can't promise that my words will always provide entertainment to those of you who chose to read them but I do guarantee it is constantly and highly amusing to me.  I keep myself cracking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment